Do you want to know how many chemical substances have been registered by companies in your country? Or what are the most commonly registered chemicals? Check the new statistics on chemicals registered under the REACH Regulation and follow the progress towards the last registration deadline for low volume chemicals, which is on 31 May 2018.
The data is presented with an interactive map of Europe. By clicking on a a specific country on the map, you will have access to more detailed information. There is also the possibility to view the data in graphs and tables, and to compare data between two EU/EEA countries.
In the statistics you can see:
- The number of unique substances registered, their registration type (full or intermediate), the substance type (existing or new substance) and the approximate total tonnage on the EU/EEA market;
- The number of registrations, their type (full or intermediate) and role of the company that submitted the registration (manufacturer, importer etc.);
- The most commonly registered chemicals;
- The number of unique companies that have registered chemicals, their company size and role in the supply chain;
- All of the above by individual EU/EEA country and by year, month or week;
- A searchable list of lead registrants for the 2018 deadline, who have declared their role in the dossier submission tool REACH-IT.
General information about the landscape of the European Chemical industry, such as the number of companies, turnover and jobs, is available through the website of the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic).